Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a video. I really like how the the video from a gopro on the end of an extendable snow brush turned out!

I learned somethign about this rather benign winter car though. 1st gear, high revs, awd snow tire acceleration is addicting. I just didnt realize how lively the H6 becomes above 4 grand.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Always wanted to take my Outback on a frozen lake.

The H6 is a lot more fun than people give it credit for. My 08 is even more fun than my '04 was. The extra gear and 33 HP makes a big difference. If I put it in 1st and step on it from about 25 MPH, it'll throw me back into the seat. Good way to show off how it's not grandpa's Outback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i mean i got the H6 for the reason of what i thought would have been more torque, for better around town driving. but i've been slightly disappointed with reality vs perception.

My commute never sees me on highways or faster than 40mph...

In the summer i put it away and drive my miata and 280z.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Yeah, i mean i got the H6 for the reason of what i thought would have been more torque, for better around town driving. but i've been slightly disappointed with reality vs perception.

My commute never sees me on highways or faster than 40mph...

In the summer i put it away and drive my miata and 280z.
Off the line they're not great at all. The 3rd gens are a little better, but still not fantastic. On the highway the passing power is awesome, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts