Sunday, November 28th

Locations TBA when dates get closer

Event Hotline (402) 827-4418

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rallycross coming up on October 31st, Halloween day. It's at the MAM (Mid-America Motorplex) In Pacific Juntion, IA. It's right off I-29 about ten minutes south of the Belluvue exit (Hwy 370)

All are welcome. Should be more of a flat course than we are use to. Come out and play. Brian

Nebraska Region SCCA

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
what other vehicles do they have your car classed with? are you classified as Street Prepared due to your mods, or do they bump you into Modified?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm with the WRX's which is what really matters. The classes significantly change with engine displacement and then N/A or turbo. So, since I'm over 1.9 liters N/A and WRX's are 2.0 liters but turbo, we're in the same class. My mods mean nothing 'cause my tire/rim combo is the stock size and no engine/suspension enhancements besides exhaust/CAI. Brian

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Net to see someone flogging an old SAAB Sonet out there, they're pretty rare here in Ohio these days.

Someone should enter an H2 in that competition - then they could spend an hour or two pulling cones out of the fenders...

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
i think they're pretty rare anywhere these days.........

and i'm all for people floggin their cars, be they Saab Sonnetts or Ferrari 250GTOs. they weren't built to sit around and look shiny!

i had a momentary disconnect there---you said h2 and i thought "Kawasaki H2", the 3 cyl 2 stroke terror they built in early 70s (think involuntary power wheelies, blue smoke in the exhaust, and gas mileage in the teens for a 750cc bike), not Hummer.

those Hummer H2s are such a ludicrous joke, not least as compared to the orig H1/HUMVEE....from the only offroader in the world more capable than a Unimog, GM has moved us to brightly painted toys for physicians and real estate tycoons to compensate for their perceived underendowment.....i had this nightmare vision the other night....now that GM has shown us where they're going with the Saabaru.....Sub could probably sell an even bigger barge than the H6 if they had one......the Hummeru H4?? aaaaurgh!

OK, sorry, back to rallycross. i imagine those pickemups make for some entertaining moments out there even if they're 4WD. surprising to see em doing it but here's to em. i'm all for pickup drivers learning to actually control their vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts