Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new to the forum and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am replacing my driveshaft and due to a bad rust situation I had to cut out the driveshaft bolts in order to remove it. Now I am having a heck of a time trying to find replacement bolts or the correct specs to buy something over the counter. Anyone have this info?

Thank you!!!

outtie

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,251 Posts
I checked Subarupartsonline, and they didn't show any. My advice is to go to your local Sub dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard! Seems crazy to not find such a common part. Looks like I will be heading to the dealer :)

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,251 Posts
You could probably get the same bolts from a local Fastenal store, assuming that they are not a Subaru custom design, but more than likely, just going to the dealer will save a lot of time, AND assure you that the bolts are of the correct quality.

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
837 Posts
Being that the head of the bolt sits up against the casting on the yoke, the head cannot be any bigger than the factory bolt. That combined with the torque requirements, I think the OE hardware is definitely best.

Bolt # 901660010, MSRP $1.18
Lock washer # 903200005, MSRP $0.64
Nut # 021808006, MSRP $0.56

1 - 5 of 5 Posts