Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love the look of the car, but the back reverse lights on lid ruins it (to me) was there any mods done to it to changed it, like adding them in the the tail lights them selves? i like to buy one down the road was just wondering

·
Registered
2005 3.0R VDC Limited Wagon
170 Posts
IDK, man, you'll never see them on if you're driving! i love my 05, i think that's the best-looking generation. imho.

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT, 1984 Porsche 944
276 Posts
I had to stop and think about what you were even talking about.

In other words, I doubt you'll even notice them if you were to buy one. Some things look stand out more in pictures than they do in real life. Like the Juke: It looks absolutely disgusting on paper, but not bad in person.

And like he said, I think the 3rd generation is the best looking.

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pff mines better!! lol, i know some one at work that drives one and i see them on the road and i always behind one... just darn ugly with the random dashs for reverse lights.... just seeing if there was, but i love the look and with the 2.5 T is awesome

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
You could probably tint the lens, which might mask them a little. Of course you'd sacrifice their brigthness too. Even if you did relocate them, what would you do with the holes where they were?

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would black them out or make them red reflectors,just something different then the bright white, if i had one that is lol i was just wanted to see if they had something like it

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,438 Posts
I'm sure you could work out some sort of replacement, but I think you'd be a pioneer for that mod. The only mod I've ever seen that's even remotely connected is the EDM rear fog light kit- and all that does is give the left-side reverse lamp a red aspect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts