Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with these please? Raining hard last night, heater on to demist, no way to get cool air on face without opening window a bit, then get drenched. Genuines here are A$200, look like they cover both doors....
TIA
jp 05 OBW 5MT 2.5i

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
OT: JP I've always found the best way to demist is via the airconditioner, in fact if you press the demist button on the ventilation system it turns on the aircon and points the airflow at the screen and side windows. If you get warm just go back to regular vents with recirculate on.. Aircon has always cleared the windscreen in seconds for me.

Back to topic, sorry, haven't tried them as I'm really not a fan of external plastic add-ons.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sly, demisting is fine, I am used to using ac to speed it up. Its just the warm air in the face that turns me off, I need fresh air to avoid getty queasy in a muggy atmosphere....I also prefer not to do external deflectors, but with flush fitting glass and rimless windows, there is zero overhang to shield even a few mm of opening from water.
jp 05 OBW 5MT 2.5i

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
jp928
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing