Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OB Sedan 3.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2005 Subaru outback sedan. I love the vehicle but I've got an issue I need to tackle. My driver side heat is stuck on. Even when I turn the AC fully off it blows hot air. Just to clarify I can turn the fan speed down but a little hot air always blows out of the driver side. The passenger works fine. I can blow AC or heat. Anyone else have experience with an issue like this? The more information I have before I tackle the job the better. Its June now so it's getting hot outside. Last thing I need is a heater to be stuck on in my daily driver. Anyways if any of you know the solution before I go in blind I would appreciate some help.

PS. I know the actuators are know for going bad but I just wanted to double-check here before I started ordering parts to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,828 Posts
Lots of threads posted here about this issue, and it does matter whether you have the dual zone system or not:

·
Registered
2005 OB Sedan 3.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of threads posted here about this issue, and it does matter whether you have the dual zone system or not:
Thanks for the info. I believe that I do have the duel setup. I can adjust each sides temperature individually.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,828 Posts
I can adjust each sides temperature individually.
Yes, that's the dual zone system - used in H6 models, XT, and Limiteds. I've been lucky so far with mine.

And if you fill out your profile with your vehicle information, we won't need to pester you about this the next time - just a suggestion!

·
Registered
2005 OB Sedan 3.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that's the dual zone system - used in H6 models, XT, and Limiteds. I've been lucky so far with mine.

And if you fill out your profile with your vehicle information, we won't need to pester you about this the next time - just a suggestion!
Alright will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts