·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TG5C7CMAAA
vs
TG5C7CMAAA-Y9
????

The metal tag on the driver side fender says transmission type is TG5C7CMAAA but the label on the transmission says TG5C7CMAAA-Y9. I understand I need to replace with same transmission type. I dont want to purchase the wrong transmission. What does the -Y9 mean?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,361 Posts
TG5C7CMAAA
vs
TG5C7CMAAA-Y9
????

The metal tag on the driver side fender says transmission type is TG5C7CMAAA but the label on the transmission says TG5C7CMAAA-Y9. I understand I need to replace with same transmission type. I dont want to purchase the wrong transmission. What does the -Y9 mean?
be aware those sedans have a plain 5EAT that should be found in north american H6 cars from 2005-2006 only.
without VDC.

so any cloth seat H6 outback,...or LLBean outback, or outback sedan,

____
2007-2009 all had VDC on the H6 cars as far as I know.

Japanese spec H6: JDM all had VDC all the way back to their model year 1999 in the H6 4EAT.

_

edit: possible to go to a VDC model,...but probably have to insert the FWD fuse or some other odd thing to get it to work ,as its not the same exact animal.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,319 Posts
The -Y9 is some sort of production code, from what I've found. Only known/used by Subaru (or Jatco) when assembling the unit. The rest of the code is the exact configuration you need and even contains Year/Model info (the xxx7CMAAA part).

As @eagleeye pointed out, the 05-06 Outback sedans are pretty unique, so be careful. The MAAA code for 05 would be MBAA for 2006 (I believe).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
be aware those sedans have a plain 5EAT that should be found in north american H6 cars from 2005-2006 only.
without VDC.

so any cloth seat H6 outback,...or LLBean outback, or outback sedan,

____
2007-2009 all had VDC on the H6 cars as far as I know.

Japanese spec H6: JDM all had VDC all the way back to their model year 1999 in the H6 4EAT.

_

edit: possible to go to a VDC model,...but probably have to insert the FWD fuse or some other odd thing to get it to work ,as its not the same exact animal.
What is VDC?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The -Y9 is some sort of production code, from what I've found. Only known/used by Subaru (or Jatco) when assembling the unit. The rest of the code is the exact configuration you need and even contains Year/Model info (the xxx7CMAAA part).

As @eagleeye pointed out, the 05-06 Outback sedans are pretty unique, so be careful. The MAAA code for 05 would be MBAA for 2006 (I believe).
I think you are saying the -Y9 is not a part of the trans number. That set my mind at ease for getting the correct trans. Thank you.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,361 Posts
What is VDC?
what you don't have. you have a plain limited slip rear. like all 2005-2006 H6 outback sedans.

whereas VDC = Vehicle Dynamics Control is only on specific H6 wagons in that year.
(its computer brainy + mechanical greatness, especially in winter,....but you can't get it without swapping cars

although someone with a whole H6 5EAT VDC parts car....maybe :unsure: ,...
@Brucey migrated a whole lot of parts off a VDC car into a baja that was made without, but he still has some things to pick through,....and that was a DIY labor of love for his wife's daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts