Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new OB last night. Drove for about 30 minutes, stopped for dinner got back in and noticed some problems with my gauges. The fuel tank was full when I stopped, but when I started again it read low fuel, check engine light was on, and cruise control light was flashing. Anyone with a similar problem? Going to bring it in tomorrow, just concerned b'cause I just traded my 03 WRX with 38K and never a problem. Hope the new OB will be the same. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That sure does sound odd.

Unless someone messed with your car while your car was parked, I can't think of any reason for the "dissapearing fuel" and the other CEL/blinking cruise.

Keep us updated as to what happens at the dealership.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Welcome to the board.

No, I have not experienced that kind of sporadic activity on the gauges. I did have a slight problem with the odometer interface with the interior illumination light, but that was easily fixed (by me with help from this board).

Sounds to me like it was not prepped/chipped properly by the dealer. You said you just got it? Maybe they did not set the ECU properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, brought it to the dealer and they ran the code. The was a code that said it was filled to high with gas. Looks like that when they prepped the car for delivery, it was filled up too high. They reset the code and all seams to be fine.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
05OBXT said:
Ok, brought it to the dealer and they ran the code. The was a code that said it was filled to high with gas. Looks like that when they prepped the car for delivery, it was filled up too high. They reset the code and all seams to be fine.
Well, that's better than not filling it at all! Anyway, glad to hear that it's settled.

It certainly is an odd one, as the man said. :eek:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Yes the whole fuel venting system is part of the emission control system.

Same reason that if you do not tighten the gas cap properly you will get a CEL.

Also, I find that once the gas pump cturns-off, addinf another 5Cents owrth of gas is enough to cause a spill.

Bottom line is never EVER top-off the tank on these cars once the pump shuts-down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
FastSly
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing