Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
05 VDC Wagons seem to be in relativly short supply. How close to invoice are dealers currently willing to go on these?

Anyone aware of a Garnet Red one in and CA dealer's inventory?

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
fedak said:
How close to invoice are dealers currently willing to go on these?
That is an impossible question to answer as all dealers are different and give different deals that depend on a whole magnitude of variables.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Can't even seem to find one to test drive at the moment. Is there high demand for these or just lack of supply?

How close is the LL Bean 3.0 to the VDC and is the VDC worth the premium?

Registered
2005 Subaru Outback LLBean
fedak said:
Can't even seem to find one to test drive at the moment. Is there high demand for these or just lack of supply?

How close is the LL Bean 3.0 to the VDC and is the VDC worth the premium?
The only big difference between the LLBean and the VDC is the VDC(Vehicle Dynamic Control), otherwise they are almost identical. Unless you live in the Northeast where you get snow, ice, and sleet during winter you probably don't need the VDC. Even the most basic Outback configuration (2.5i) can handle this weather condition.

Maybe Subaru supplies a few VDCs in one geographic area and the dealerships will just swap them when someone needs to. They are expensive that's why they don't build a lot of them.

Registered
Obsidian Black 2005 Outback 2.5XT 5 Speed Wagon & Brilliant Silver 2005 Legacy 2.5GT Wagon 5MT
Subaru has had an extremely limited supply of VDC's. We have sold maybe a half dozen since they were introduced. Rumor has it that the VDC will no longer be a stand alone model next year. From what we have heard from our regional rep, the L.L. Bean will go, and all 3.0R models will be standard with the VDC system. Also, MY06 will see navigation systems in place of the cubby hole above the stereo. I am assuming that Subaru will step up on production of the VDC system as the 7 Passenger will most like have it as standard equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts