Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback xt limited auto 2.5L, work in progress for son
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't turned a Roo Wrench since 05 on a 92 Loyale with a recurrent front trans seal blowout and bad govenor assembly. Have had a few in the last 6 years, but an just now wrenching again thanks to my 05OBXT. This one is a father son project. Turbo went out without warranty.:1zhelp:

What is the white plastic piece in between my injectors on the fuel rail? When pulling off the intake I found the cap off and the center screw with o-ring just laying inside of it.

Thanks in advance.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
moved thread and updated title to draw the XT and LGT people to look at this thread.

__

how old is your son? those less then 21 have a odd potential to put such things over ditches and into trees,....at full boost,.

..when I was a boy I use to jump subarus,...but they had less then 100 hp.

·
Registered
2005 Outback xt limited auto 2.5L, work in progress for son
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is newly licensed and mostly level headed... His pop lost an 07 wheels up about 6 months after he bought it (ice).
I (stepdad) too had issues, but expensive repairs curtailed them. He wants to be an engineer, so he starts with helping change the turbo...and a few other "restrictive turbo killing" factory items.

Thanks for placing in the correct forum.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,079 Posts
I haven't turned a Roo Wrench since 05 on a 92 Loyale with a recurrent front trans seal blowout and bad govenor assembly. Have had a few in the last 6 years, but an just now wrenching again thanks to my 05OBXT. This one is a father son project. Turbo went out without warranty.:1zhelp:

What is the white plastic piece in between my injectors on the fuel rail? When pulling off the intake I found the cap off and the center screw with o-ring just laying inside of it.

Thanks in advance.
You're talking about this part, right?

That's the Pulsation Dumper Assembly but I think the plastic top is just a cover.

However..... let's stop and take a big step back and get some bigger picture questions out on the table.

1. What happened to the turbo? Did it go kablooey?
2. Were performance parts added without tuning?
3. How big are your pocketbooks and are you able to donate a kidney?

I just got through swapping the engine out on my '05 XT as a father son thing with my dad. The turbo hadn't blown up, but other things were wrong with the engine and it was easier to swap (sorta) than fix. But overall I was in $5k quick, so you want to watch it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT wagon 5MT Limited
320 Posts
Questions to add to Logie's list:
1. Have you pulled the pan and checked for glitter yet?
2. Why did you pull the intake?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts