Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have dedicated snow tires wheels and i don't offroad so all seasons aren't needed.
I have a set of dedicated summer wheels. 17x8" wondering if 255/50r17 or 245/50R17 would fit well in the wheel well.
This will be one of those hated lowered outbacks, but so far I have
Perrin 25mm FSB, Cusco 21mm RSB, AVO front CAB's, Cobb Stage 1, IPT oil line and AVO rsb brackets.
I drive a lot 28k miles in 15 months this is a highway car.
Winter mode

Summer mode

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one have any insight? everything i find is legacy gt info which has different suspension geomtry and our flares take up the wheel arch i know.

·
Registered
White 06 OBXT ,Perrin sway bars, Borla cat back, Optima red top,BBS wheels and a bunch of smaller stuff.
74 Posts
I am looking for the same answer. My obxt is lowered on a Koni/ epic setup and when I put my summers on today I found they were rubbing. I'm running 325/55/17 on a 17x75 +48. I wanted to run a 235/50/17 but the speedo will be off. It looks like a 245/50 is close as far as revs per mile and speed variance but is wider so will probably rub still.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
255/50r17 is just slightly larger by .03 inches thank 225/55R17 with your lowered stance and the fact you are rubbing you might have to go with legacy size. u may want to look into using spacers to give your self some more room.
I'm not going to tuck tire I'm going for meat on the pavement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered my 255/50R17's today Hankook Ventus ST RH06 Going on 17x8 with 35 offset.
Stock ride height for now. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts