Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm new to the forum, but not to subies. I was poking around and saw that a few of you have been trying to find quieter cat backs for your N/A OBs. Well I have an 06, and got one for a LGT SEDAN. It fits fine with VERY little tweaking.

All I needed were five longer exhaust hangers. I made the mistake of getting four, for the two cans on the back, but it made them sit crooked. Got a slightly smaller, but still longer than stock hanger for the midpipe, and I was golden!

It still has to break in a bit more before the subie rumble comes through, but overall, there is little sound penetration into the cabin. However, it will drone a bit. I fixed this with some dynamat in the trunk under the spare tire AND the floor (just in case), and I am having no problems.

One other note: The midpipe attachment to the Cat flange needs LONGER bolts as well. Thats a longer spring section AND threaded section to make it tight enough.

I'll post pics when I get a chance, but its pretty rad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This sounds like a break through! I know there have been a lot of guys who have done a/m exhausts with mixed results!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts