Subaru Outback Forums banner

06 OBW Gurgling Noise Behind Dash

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cagranitz 
#1 ·
Hi;
I have an 06 OBW, and I have noticed a gurgling noise behind the center of the dash when I shut down after the car is warm. Kind of like an old peculator coffee maker.
Guessing I need to bleed the coolant system. Is there anything else I should be looking for that caused this? Bad heater core or something? Engine temperature is fine.
Any tips on bleeding also would help.
Thanks;
James

#2 ·
sometimes climate control 'blend doors' will make odd sounds.

nothing wrong with checking fluid levels - should be done regularly, if the car is doing suspicious things, fluid levels should be checked obsessively!

do not trust the level in the overflow bottle, check inside the radiator - fluid should be up to the neck. If it isn't but the overflow bottle is near mid-range, you have a suspicious/bad rad. cap at minimum.

#3 ·
My Pontiac grand prix would always do this. I don't think anything was wrong. I'm believe I noted it as air moving into the overflow tank as the vehicle is turned off.

After you shut off the car, open up your hood and check out the overflow tank and put your ear up to it.

In the Pontiac, air in the heater core sounded like water sloshing around behind the dash when first driving the car each day. Not sure if the Sub is the same.

#4 ·
Hi;
I have an 06 OBW, and I have noticed a gurgling noise behind the center of the dash when I shut down after the car is warm. Kind of like an old peculator coffee maker.
Guessing I need to bleed the coolant system. Is there anything else I should be looking for that caused this? Bad heater core or something? Engine temperature is fine.
Any tips on bleeding also would help.
Thanks;
James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.