Subaru Outback Forums banner

06 Ouback Struts

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Zykrus 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone, o/

I looking replace the rear struts (maybe the fronts too) on my 06 Outback 2.5i and I'm having a hard time finding out how exactly to get to the rear strut mounts. I'm always afraid I'm going to break something when I have to take apart some of the interior. If anyone has a link to a rear strut installation guide that would be great. Also, if you have a guide for the front struts that would be good as well since I may end up replacing them too depending on how the ride is after I do the rears.

The lowest price I have found for KYB rear struts is $57.28 each and $63.96 a each for KYB fronts. From what I could find it seems KYB are the OEM struts. Are these "good" or are there cheaper OEM struts out there?

Thanks a lot

#2 ·
Its real simple. the rear floor panels just pop out then you pop out the foam parts to get to the bolts. The KYB are the only affordable choice for the OB on the market. Some have used the ones speced for the '00-'04 OB to get the different valving specs. This is supposed to give a firmer more controlled ride and help with what folks refer to as "ghost walking" or a lo0ose rear end feeling on slick roads. The KYB aftermarket struts overall seem to be firmer than the OE struts even though the OE struts will feel firmer than what you have now. The OE struts will just cost more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.