Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187k 2006 OB 2.5l non-turbo 5-speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says, i have a coolant leak on the front of the engine. I've got a wet spot on the front of my engine with no obvious leaks on from the hoses. To me, it looks like it's coming from the passenger side top pulley. Any ideas? Will attach pics in the am

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,624 Posts
what model car? miles? new to you?

check ALL fluid levels.

as said above, how do you know what fluid it is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2006 OB 2.5l Non-turbo
All other fluids are good, having to constantly fill radiator and reservoir with coolant.
I'm seeing a spray across the front of my engine
I've had the car for almost 5 years and the radiator is less than 2 years old, so it shouldn't be that

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,079 Posts
When the radiator was replaced, were the hoses replaced as well?

What color is the fluid that you're finding on the ground? The pulley at the top of the engine is for the power steering. The water pump is on the botom right (facing the engine) where the radiator hose and thermostat enter the engine.

Check behind the power steering pump where the radiator hose enters. Make sure that's tight and fully seated on the hose.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,624 Posts
no overheating?

a pressure test, or just observing under the hood when at operating temps, might locate a leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the radiator was replaced, were the hoses replaced as well?

What color is the fluid that you're finding on the ground? The pulley at the top of the engine is for the power steering. The water pump is on the botom right (facing the engine) where the radiator hose and thermostat enter the engine.

Check behind the power steering pump where the radiator hose enters. Make sure that's tight and fully seated on the hose.
That's the thing, I don't have drip spots under where I park. But, I do see a spray spot on the front (about to change the top hose today) Andy engine only gets hot when I'm out of coolant
And my hoses from my radiator look factory

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i
405 Posts
Get the cooling system pressure test loaner from AutoZone. Pump up the system to 23psi and listen/inspect for leaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts