Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished doing quite a bit of work to repair my XT after having CEL for Camshaft Position...turned out bad turbo bearing, VVT solenoids etc.
For starters here is all of the parts I changed / work performed, FYI the engine still ran before all this work was performed, just didn't like higher rpms
  • New BRP Turbo
  • Removed banjo bolt filter screens
  • Flushed oil system X2
  • Removed Oil Pan & pickup, cleaned/inspected and reinstalled with new gasket
  • New OEM VVT Solenoids
  • New Up & Down stream OEM O2 Sensors
  • New rocker cover gaskets
  • New Timing Belt Kit (all bearings, tensioner, water pump, thermostat) from Six Star Bernie
  • Replace Cam Seals
  • Removed OEM exhaust manifold & Installed Header
  • Removed OEM down pipe and installed Cobb downpipe
  • New Mishimoto turbo inlet
  • Smoke tested air inlet for any leaks (found and corrected 2 cracked vacuum hoses)
  • New PCV valve
  • All new crankcase/rocker cover oil breather hoses
  • Ran separate oil feed line from oil filter sandwich adapter to turbo oil inlet
  • All new OEM Coils
  • New Plugs
  • Programmed new key fob

After cranking over to verify oil out of new turbo feed line and oil pressure on gauge, tried to start with nothing. Checked codes but since it didn't start no codes. Plugged in leaned connector (should give you hard fail codes) and here is what I have:

P1152 O2 Sensor Range/Performance (Low) (Bank 1 Sensor 1) P1152 - Subaru Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis
P0137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) P0137 - Subaru Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis
P1153 O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (High) (Bank 1 Sensor 1) P1153 - Subaru Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis
P1518 Starter Switch Circuit Low Input P1518 - Subaru Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis

Am I right to assume the O2 sensor faults are because I have been cranking it numerous times and it hasn't started yet? P1518 says this will cause the engine to not start, so if this is right how to I troubleshoot it? I have verified battery power at the started solenoid wire with the key in start, no issues there. I have also double checked the coil connectors and pulled the belt covers off again and double checked the cam marks all line up.

Did a lot of searching around and can't really find anything. I have to assume if I had a bad cam sensor or crank sensor that would give me a code? Wiring from the starter relay to the ECM? Were is the starter relay?

I starting to get out of my comfort zone and would really appreciate any help... thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,517 Posts
Reactions: soobyhobby

·
Registered
2012 STI, 2007 Impreza RS
310 Posts
I'd second the grounding, I had an issue with a 2005 LGT, after new engine install, did all kinds of weird things. After much head scratching, cleaning the grounds at the plastic intake manifold grounding points solved everything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts