Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 B9 Tribeca Limited 7 Pass.
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for this issue, so I apologize if it's already been discussed.

Car is at about 106k.

Anyway, it's in the mid 90s here in Texas and if I am sitting at a stoplight or a drive thru for just a few minutes, the temperature guage will go just one notch above where it normally rests. I'll turn off the A/C and it will go back down to normal after maybe a minute or so. It never has an issue if I'm driving or anything like that. I had the coolant changed about 10-15k miles ago, Im just curious if anyone has experienced this in their H6.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Check your cooling fans to make sure both are operating. If the tribeca works the same as the legacy & outback, both should run when either runs, and the bigger one is allowed to step to a higher speed.

This link about fan motor failure may be useful.

And another.

·
Registered
2006 B9 Tribeca Limited 7 Pass.
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for the quick reply. Both fans are working as far as I can tell, and there has been no coolant loss.

·
Registered
2006 WX8: my "Outback" > yours
978 Posts
If there hasn't been any loss, hopefully it's just air left in the system after the change. On Tribeca in particular, there's a specific air bleed procedure shown in FSM.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,778 Posts
Hm, how much do you trust your mechanic? If you do, I would take it right away. The B9 does have an issue with cooling--it was never able to make steep interstate grades when loaded and at temps over 105 with the AC on--something the OB has no problem doing--but what you describe should not be happening.

90 deg would count as a beautifully refreshing day here (though we do not have your humidity).

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R
1,059 Posts
Could also be something as simple as the radiator is plugged up with dust and/or insects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts