Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
i'd run it. looks good to me.

hard to give a one size fits all response. it's such a new car that oil leaks are unlikely and probably not worth your time getting into.

resealing the oil pump is a nice idea, tighten the backing plate screws with locktite on threads of any that are loose. but again, such a new car that you would likely be just as fine addressing that at the 200,000 mile mark with the next timing belt change.

are there any signs of oil leaks underneath or oil usage between oil changes? if not then that kit should be all you need.

if you do replace any seals i would get them from Subaru or spend some time figuring out which aftermarkets have the higher quality rubber like the brown Subaru seals which are quite robust.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does use oil but no leaks.
I had searched about the oil consumption and found that it is within Subaru's spec.
It uses about 1 quart between 5K mile changes

It runs well and I haven't had any problems

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Outback 2.5
5 Posts
My 07' uses about the same amount of oil yours does. How many miles do you have on the car already? I just ticked over 75K miles. Let us know how the kit goes when you get it, as that's coming up within the next year or so for me too:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.