Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run into issues with gettin a new key programmed? Recently bought the outback and the independent dealer sent us spare key that we got cut at dealer and then dealer tried to program the two key fobs and the original will program but new one won't accept it. Checked internal parts of new key and all seem to be correct. Had new one sent to us from Midwest key and supposed to take back to dealer service dept to have them try to reprogram again. Any tips or advise? Anyone ever had an issue like this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second replacement key would not program again. I am being told by dealer need a key from Subaru so they know the electonic internal componet is compatible with the car ect.. Does this make any sense? Midwest key tech said they have not run into this before but that there are diff resistance readings for 3-4 key fob componet parts and that could be the issue but dealer does not have a "key reader" to check the resistance ect... Key from dealer is 3x more expensive than key that was sent to me form the guy I purchased it from. May just have to bite the bullet and get the key from dealer? Any ideas would be appreciated,tks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts