Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
08 OBXT 5MT
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Maybe.

I believe there's just one bolt that holds the line to the head that's difficult to reach.

It's the green painted line in my photo. If you can get that bolt undone, you might be able to snake it out under everything. But it's molded to fit exactly along the head, and it will be a bit of a tigt squeeze.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,307 Posts
I don't want to be a naysayer ... But ... Nay!

Cam sensor plug and wiring, the rear TGV motor/sensor. There is way too much junk, and there is no clearance distances on any sides to fish it out.

·
Registered
08 OBXT 5MT
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe.

I believe there's just one bolt that holds the line to the head that's difficult to reach.

It's the green painted line in my photo. If you can get that bolt undone, you might be able to snake it out under everything. But it's molded to fit exactly along the head, and it will be a bit of a tight squeeze.
Yea, and for my year, where you see the bump in the block towards the back of your picture, that is where the banjo bolt screws in. 2 bolts to undo in a tight area! yay!!!

I don't want to be a naysayer ... But ... Nay!

Cam sensor plug and wiring, the rear TGV motor/sensor. There is way too much junk, and there is no clearance distances on any sides to fish it out.
I know I should of done TGV deletes! haha

If I can undo the banjo bolt and the other mounting bolt towards the front, I'm not past cutting the line up and taking it out in pieces. The new one won't be running under the intake anyway. Also, If I could remove the bolts and plug the oil port up. I "could" leave the old line in place and just bend the ends away. I'm not looking forward to taking the intake off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts