Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i Limited AT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the clock set buttons on my clock / trip console (towards the top of the central instrument set) do not illuminate at night. Not sure whether they should (the trip buttons opposite do). If they should, can anyone help with process of gaining access, please? I have had the whole unit out of the dash, but the feeds to the clock seem to be modular and I'm cautious about disassembly to locate any bulb involved.

·
Registered
18,722 Posts
The clock set buttons on the multi-information display do not light up on my 07 (since new, so I doubt they were supposed to be lit). Only the button (DISP) that changes what the display indicates (mpg, elapsed time, outside temp etc) is lit (along with other controls such as heater and radio) when the headlight switch is turned on.

(See attached.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i Limited AT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I guess they do remain unlit. It looks oddly unbalanced to me, but I guess clock settings are rarely required at night. I wonder if anyone else can confirm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts