Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

DO you have Herman Kardon

• YA i got Herman Kardon blasting out my windows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont wish i do

• Whats Herman Kardon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Herman Kardon premium sound system

Does your 09 got H and K sound..... My 09 legacy does and i love it how is it in the outback???????

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6R Touring [ex-'09 OB Ltd. (2009-16); ex-'01 Audi A6 Avant (2001-2009)]; '14 Impreza Sport Premium
917 Posts
It's a decent system but it's undone in my '09 OB Ltd. by a few factors, including (1) road noise at highway speeds is overbearing and you have to really crank the system to hear it well; in contrast to my former Audi A6 with much better NVH suppression, the cabin at speed was a better "listening room"; (2) the door panels are such flimsy plastic that they resonate and rattle when the system is played at any real volume, again a poor contrast to the former Audi.

This, of course, is comparing a $28-30k car to a $40k+ car, so not quite apples to apples, but those are my experiences ... :cool: I don't miss the Audi repair/reliability issues.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,223 Posts
that explains it!!

Does your 09 got H and K sound..... My 09 legacy does and i love it how is it in the outback???????
Maybe THATS why I am hating the sound of my system in the 2013 OB - its not actually a Harmon Kardon system - its a HERman Kardon system.

(Just teasing at your misspelling. :p

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had problems with my sub twice about it disconnecting got it replaced once but now the wire is split to two other subs so no big deal there. Ya the spelling ya I always spell it like like that too. But my grandparents have a 2012 s class with it and in there you can hear the difference compared to the legacy or outback.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R Limited
54 Posts
OK around town. At higher volume speakers in doors buzz annoyingly. At highway speeds, impossible to overcome road noise. Removing roof rack crossmembers helped a little. Goodyear Comfortreds helped a little too. Don't want to turn it up too much with dogs in back seat so I end up just turning it off.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my door speakers buzz too but i found out that the buzz comes from anything that is in the door bins. so from now on i don't put stuff in the bins. My Legacy is fine with road noise i don't find my self competing with it too much.

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited (Wifes), 2009 3.0R Limited 125k (Mine)
241 Posts
HK should be ashamed they have their name on this system. I don’t expect much from a factory system but there is not one good thing to say about this system. Sound is terrible, rattles, no power and has terrible separation. My 01 ****** has a much better system and the Bose in my Armada blows it out of the water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts