Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Subtle 1" lift on a 2012 gen outback wagon? Any post install problems...rattle, vibration, early worn parts?
thanks

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
its designed to be "subtle" and not cause problems with OE components.

I have it on my 96 and then some more lift on that. Im at 235k and the lift was installed at 200k and ive had ZERO issues.

I cant imagine your brand new one will give you any problems.

one thing I know for sure about subtle solutions. if they make it for your car. its good to go! they are an amazing company. I have been a repeat customer of theirs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
how hard is the install ? Can you use the saggy butt spacers and nose dive ones ontop of the 1 inch lift ? :confused:

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
i hope i wasnt to late to add to this post lol they dont add much, i parked next to a stock 11 outback, really not much difference, they do rise it but we are talking 1in here lol when i installed them and ur going to need a big hammer and somthing to hold them down with punching out the stock top bolts is VARY HARD! lol, i had me and 2 friends old this thing down as i hit them took abit but got them out, the front install wasnt as bad as the back if i can remember right i had to drop the arms down more then i wanted then i had to get them alined and i got it done 2 times and still no luck on putting them back to 0 they are off but .02 or -.02 , plus the rear tires will move forward noticably, so adding bigger tires will be a pain but look at primitive racing for what u can do to make the rears go back in place

also i have 49K and i see some of the top mounts rubber splinting underneath but about the time you should replace them, and i beat mine so its due for a change and i going bigger lol

and u really shouldn't add more separate spacers on top add something that's one piece

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
I didn't think the install was too hard. I did use a lift at my shop though... I have also heard
Most complaints about pounding out the OE studs from the top hats. I however figured out a fairly easy one slam method using a bench vice opened up just enough to rest the top hat over and a 4lbs sledge.

I stacked saggy butt shims on my 1" spacers in the back to give it a touch of rake so it's not sagging when loaded with camp gear. Can't remotely tell the difference.

LegacyGT4 on here has 1" with 3/8" on that for his lift and have had zero issues as well. Quality products+quality install=long life

And yes we have beatin the s**t out of ours on the trail so if your looking for a tough street stance and some mild forest roads stack up as you please!

Kmssgoten: 50k service interval for top hats huh? That seems a bit crazy to me. Mine are all stock and over 10 years older then yours and going on 250k miles and are absolutely perfect. Front bearings still spin like butter too.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,777 Posts
So how does a 4th gen. OB with 1" Subtle Solutions lift handles? Any negative effects on any systems?

Also, has someone calculated or measured the exact effects of a 1" lift on approach and departure angles?

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited, 3.6, AT
126 Posts
My 2012 has 1" lift-spacers AND saggy butt AND nose dive spacers from Subtle AND oversized tires, no issues at all other than needing the Primitive bolts to re-center the rear wheels in the fender wells.

Vince

Attachments

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
i have primitive 3/4"f/1"r spacers and king springs. remember to order the subframe spacers in addition. just needed an alignment and the ride is smooth as glass again. if approach departure angles concern you, you can always try my bumper repair/modification. the stock crap got torn up from a stump so i cut out the black crap at the bottom.
heres the back

\
here's the front

here's the front from the side

the aluminum skid plate needs to be bent, i lost A LOT of clearance up front because i dont have access to a plate bender but i dont really wanna go without something solid up there. ya i know it looks pretty ghetto but it didn't really cost anything, other than a few bags of zip ties. its just til i can afford a real tube bumper. the aluminum plates i got at my father in law's "junkyard," that material also makes up my engine/transmission skid plate.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dang bradze! I haven't been on here in a while your OB is looking good!!!

I've got some 29's and a 3" body lift in the near future for mine...

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
thanks, its so hard waiting for my wrx wheels in bidding on. The grabbers are sitting in my garage yearning to go on my car. I have a few plans for my car...

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited 3.6R
16 Posts
I'll be throwing on Primitive's 3/4" rear, 1/2" front spacers soon with the front and rear skids.

Commenting so I remember to post results if people are interested in a slight lift.

·
Registered
2011 outback 3.6R LT. 2015 Outback 2.5 (white) eyesight, tow pakage, skid plate, moon roof
393 Posts
I did both the Subtle lift and anti dive for a total of 3 inches. I has worked great for over 30,000 miles, easy to install.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,777 Posts
I did both the Subtle lift and anti dive for a total of 3 inches. I has worked great for over 30,000 miles, easy to install.
Can you be a bit more specific? 3" the rear wheels would be pushing through the wheel wells, no? Even my 0.5" spacers pushed them like 3/8" forward.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport // 2011 STi
1 Posts
i see you're in vegas too. do you mind if i come check out your lift? recently got an 01 obs and want to lift it 2-3 inches.

·
Registered
2011 outback 3.6R LT. 2015 Outback 2.5 (white) eyesight, tow pakage, skid plate, moon roof
393 Posts
i see you're in vegas too. do you mind if i come check out your lift? recently got an 01 obs and want to lift it 2-3 inches.
The lift is the ! inch anti buttsag and 5/8 anti dive front and rear. The 3 Inch ws a typo. Yes you can call me and I will go over the whole procedure with you.

email me at [email protected] and and we can get together by phone or in person. Do not take spring off of shock as some advis to slide blocks in.e just drop as a unit.

I now have a 2015 with eyesight so that is out on this one.

My granddaughter loves the 2011.

chas

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester, 2.5i, CVT, 2014 Outback Premium diesel CVT.
163 Posts
I know this is dragging up an old post, but just ordered a 1" lift kit off Ebay in Australia, from a local company called subieliftoz.
Kit looks good, and will see how it goes. I am just looking for better height for getting in and out. My bones are old and tired.

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
491 Posts
I know this is dragging up an old post, but just ordered a 1" lift kit off Ebay in Australia, from a local company called subieliftoz.
Kit looks good, and will see how it goes. I am just looking for better height for getting in and out. My bones are old and tired.
did you ever throw this on and post pics anywhere?

any vibe issues with a 1" lift on the newer 5th gen OBs?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts