Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
Hi guys I've been searching thru the forums and various sites and haven't came across anyone yet who has installed a retrofit HID kit on the OB. I've got an 11' OB and i plan on doing a retrofit on it. would love to see the work results and feedback. to my understanding OB and Legacy has the same head assembly dimensions correct me if I'm wrong. Another thing since i haven't started yet does anyone know in order to remove the assembly i have to remove the front bumper or no? thanks :D
Are you talking a full-on retrofit of projectors from another car (Lexus, Acura, etc.) or just switching out the bulbs to HID? If it's the former, then I don't think I've seen that here, but the Legacy forums might give you a better chance. If it's the latter, the link provided above is really good.

I did the latter using 4500k bulbs and they're fantastic.

Something I'm not sure of is if the stock projectors are identical to other countries' Outbacks with standard HIDs. I say this because the cutoff of the stock lenses is pretty good. There is a small amount of "squirrel finder" light that projects above the cutoff line, but it's quite minimal and doesn't spread sideways much at all.

Btw, my avatar shows the stock bulbs for headlights.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.