Subaru Outback Forums banner

10 vs 13

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Jake2c 
didn't think there were any changes to the seats, yeah i wanna keep the marshmallowy ride
I went from a 2010 Limited to a 2013 Limited, exact same seats. However, I did notice that the 2013 handling is tighter and the ride is firmer. My 2010 felt more "floaty". The firmness works for me but I do realize some may prefer the float type of feel. The engine/cvt is an improvement with a little more power. A lot of the little nits were taken care of : the headlights no longer come on under every overpass, you no longer have to hit the "I agree" button on the screen every time you start the car, nav is much improved but still has some quirks, EyeSight is awesome, no more clicking brake pedal. This is the car that should have come out in 2010.

so what is tight....more tight then solid endlink front and back,a 19mm RSB, front and back strut bars tight or to a normal everyday 10-12 tight?
I can only compare it to what I had which was a 2010 OB Limited with a 19mm RSB. Steering feels tighter and more precise than my 2010. Also ride is firmer which I prefer. Even though the 2013 only comes with a 16mm RSB I don't feel the need to upgrade to 19mm like did with my 2010. The new 2013 actually handles better than my 2010 Legacy. Maybe I will trade that in next.

have you skid tested it like motor-trend....are you SURE it handles better or you think it handles better, because its an outback, and outbacks are cool :)

might have to do with the new shocks helping out the car as well, 16mm doesn't seem bad unlike the 12mm...pencil
2010- 2012 OB had a 15mm RSB stock, not 12mm. Did you say 12mm because you actually measured it or because it came off an OB and Outbacks are cool? You may think your OB is cool but mine is a family wagon so I don't base my handling comments on coolness. It is only based on my day to day driving which does involve pushing it a bit just for comparision but no skid tests.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.