Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited, 2018 Lexus LX570, 1998 Toyota LC 100, 1987 Toyota FJ60
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Outback Limited with the 2.5L motor. Love the car. Use it hard driving, on and off road, all over North America hauling mountain bikes, ski gear, kayaks, canoes, etc. Replaced the standard cross bars with the Yakima setup. Use 2 bar lengths depending on how many boats I need to carry on the roof. Added a 2" hitch to haul 4 mountain bikes with my Kuat NV. Car just keeps trucking. Zero issues. When the battery died I replaced it with a much bigger battery since the battery tray could hold it and I often park my car for extended periods at -20F at back country trailheads. When the OEM tires wore out I installed some nice Continentals. Also run Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires, which makes the car just shrug off winter. In the summer, the car will cruise all day at 30mpg, even with the AC on and kayaks on the roof. In the winter it's more like 26 mpg but that's with really cold temps and winter blend gas. The only issue I have had since new is a internally rusty tailgate strut which caused the power rear hatch not to operate correctly. Easily fixed and now good to go.

Car runs flawlessly. Transmission works flawlessly. Doesn't drink oil or leak. Always starts right up. Seats are comfortable although the seat heaters could be warmer when it's -20-30. Eats up highway miles.

What would I change? Brighter headlights, maybe HIDs. Much brighter reverse lights. I've done the LED upgrade but still too dim for me. The key fob button that opens the rear hatch is too sensitive and I occasionally open the hatch accidentally. A couple of power ports for the back seats would be good as well. And maybe a full size spare, although I haven't had a truly flat tire in 25 years. Other than those tiny improvements, the car is perfect.

Based on my experience I'll probably have the car another 100k miles minimum.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
Very nice 100K review! We just picked up our 2015 2.5L Limited a few weeks ago with 80K miles. Hoping it will go 200K during our ownership. My 08 Forester is getting close, I'll have to add the 200K badge when I get there.

PS, thanks for mentioning the Kuat NV! I've been trying to find a bike carrier like that. Expensive, but very nice for carrying 4 bikes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts