Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anyone had better info for me on this. Called our local dealer and they said they do not have updates for this model year. They referred me to the subarumapupdates site and they start at 2012. The only other link I can find sent me to the Kenwood site that has a $240 set of discs. Does anyone have any better potential sources? Any useful info would be helpful. Thanks ?

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Limited
15 Posts
I have been following the Kenwood site for several years. I think it is selling the same thing that you would get from a dealer.

The set of 3 disks is for Outback years 2010-2012, so it should work with your ‘11. Kenwood stopped listing the release date, but their latest Ver 9.0 first showed on their website in 2015 or 2016 if I remember correctly, so it is way out of date. For some reason it does not appear there will ever be a newer version. At $245 it is too expensive to buy such old software. I use my phone with a Google maps when the navigation is critical.

·
Registered
71 Posts
2012 is too old now for 2020 map updates. You can now nearly spend the same amount on a new in-dash stereo w/ Apple Carplay or Android Auto and just use Google Maps. It will always be up-to-date vs the old disc info which was about 1yr behind anyway.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,525 Posts
There is nothing out there for this. It’s an old system and they are not going to sink any $$$ into it. I bought a good gps for when we travel and rent a car...I will use that in our 11 OB if I need gps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts