Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I need to get new tires for my '11 outback. I am so confused when going to the web sites. I live in MA but will be driving to Utah in January for several months. I don't want just winter tires. What are some recommendations. Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
For all season tires I'd look at the Michelin Defenders or Continental Procontact with ecoplus. Michelin's cost about $700-$750 installed (look for a chain with the $70 rebate) , have 6yr/90K warranty, US made, and are quiet and efficient. The Continentals have a shorter warranty (6yr/80K) but are about $100 cheaper, mexico made, handle rough pavement slightly better and handle a little better in the snow and rain. Are you going to be in the mountains in Utah or the flatlands?

The UTQG wear specs are 820 for Michelin and 600 for Continental, so the Michelin might be a better buy if you drive 15K+ per year. The siping design of the Michelins also indicates you'll have good traction even after a lot of wear. Both are good choices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
cardoc
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing