Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1050[1].JPG I added the 110v plug when I installed the accent lighting. I wish I would have added an accessory outlet while I had the console apart.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The instructions are mostly clear. (Before disconnecting the battery and if you have power seats be sure to remove the console rear side bolts)
1. shifter cover removed.
2. wiring inside console.
3. console out.
4. console upside down. I did not drill from the inside as the instructions said. I measured the template and taped to the outside then drilled the 2- 1/8th" holes. The large hole should have been 15/16". Didn't have that size so I used a 7/8" and it worked fine.
5. After drilling.
6. Be sure to slide outlet harness thru the outlet mounting bracket.
7. Plug wires to outlet and screw the outlet to console and bracket.
8. Inverter measurements laid out using tape. Work very well. (I did not remove seat. I un-bolted tracks and leaned seat back)
9. Ready to cut carpet. I didn't find any wires under carpet/insulation but you should double check.
10. After cut and sound deadening removed

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11. Inverter and brackets.
12. Brackets bolted the inverter.
13. Inverter mounted.
14. Outlet and inverter wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does this work when the ignition is off? Any idea on how to make 12v accessory outlets to work without ignition being on?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Does this work when the ignition is off? Any idea on how to make 12v accessory outlets to work without ignition being on?
You probably don't want the 110v outlet running with the engine off. Unless you've got a deep cycle battery. Or some way of keeping a close eye on your battery status.

The inversion process is very inefficient. And as such, it will consume a lot of power to get you to the output specs of the outlet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Any idea on how to make 12v accessory outlets to work without ignition being on?
I'm planning on doing this as well. You need to find a 12V always-on source and run that to the cigarette lighter instead of the ignition-switched one.

One place to get it is from the battery directly - run through the firewall and to the cigarette lighter. Kind of a long wire, though.

Other option is to find a fuse in the fusebox that is always on and get an Add-A-Fuse kit to tap off it. That's probably what I'm going to do, since it's easy enough.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Budaru
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing