Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Who is April's Subaru of the Month?

• numbchux

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • chvvkumar

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • theregoesmybus

Votes: 13 31.7%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems we have a 3 way tie for Ride of the Month. So here's what we gonna do. There is a poll at the top of this thread with 3 names that match the three members below (for those using Tapatalk, you'll need to load up the thread via browser to vote). The poll will run for 12 hours and then auto close (sometime after midnight, tonight). Who will be left standing? Find out on the next episode - same bat time, same bat channel.

Good luck!

1. numbchux

I bought it in 2014 with 133k miles on it, looking like this:

NCM_0448
by Numbchux, on Flickr

Fixed it up, and have been driving the crap out of it:

20160701_184051
by Numbchux, on Flickr

Currently has 240k on it, and I recently cut the front bumper

2021-04-05_08-13-11
by Numbchux, on Flickr

Not many modifications....
Trailer hitch
Yatour aux input module for the McIntosh stereo
LED low beam headlights, marker/signal sockets modified to accept 2 switchback LEDs on each side, extremely bright LED reverse lights
'01 radio trim (3rd cup holder)

This car moved most of our belongings when we bought our home. Carried both of our children home from the hospital to that home. Taken us on many camping trips. Several trips to the local off road park. It's been to the High Rock Bay at the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula in the UP of Michigan (about 8 miles of forest road). It carried my wife, first child (when she was about 14 months old) and I on a 3600 mile round trip from home in northern Minnesota to visit my in-laws in South Carolina. It's served as an evac vehicle for the National Ski Patrol at the American Birkebeiner.

I don't think I'll ever sell/scrap it...

2. chvvkumar

My 2020 Outback Onyx edition:

No major mods. Some of the things I did:
New tires
Mudflaps
Subaru ownership badges
All interior and reverse bulbs were changed to LEDs

The 2020 model year in my opinion is the best Outback year. It is so comfortable and with the XT trim, the one thing I was missing in the 2.5i, power, is no longer an issue. Underneath all the structural improvements, it is still an Outback. So the same ground clearance and AWD are pretty great in it's class. Even at 80mph, with it fully loaded, I did not feel like it was missing any power. In fact, it is surprising just how much the turbo doesn't seem to care about added drag from the roof top box or the added weight inside.

More importantly, this is the car in which I had all my siblings together in one place for the first time in 10 years.

3. theregoesmybus

I've had this 2021 Limited XT only since February, but already taken a nice long drive around the southwest. Each of these photos capture a favorite memory, but best would have to be our camp spot in Valley of the Gods, Utah. The middle picture is from a stop in Arizona and the last is in Castle Crags State Park near Mt. Shasta, California. It's proven to be reasonably comfortable on long drives and sleep overs, and a modestly cool enough car to do all the normal things I like to do around town. It's the perfect balance.

Modifications and accessories include:
Wheels & Tires: Sparco Assetto Gara with Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 (235 65 17)
Suspension: Rallitek overload springs with 1/2" spacers (total 1" lift)
Subaru Sport Grille
Kuat Sherpa 2.0 bike rack
Thule Vector M cargo box

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It ended up being a close race but congrats to @Numbchux, you are our April Ride of the Month! I will return to get you all squared away and get May live, right after I do a quick coffee run :). Thanks to all that participated!

-Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts