Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally hear a very loud and deep vibration from the rear when I take turns from a dead stop. Has anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,103 Posts
My '11 does this on tight turns when accelerating from a stop. I passed it off as power transfer or driveline binding (that is released through the clutches/diffs eventually).

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking. I was initially worried that it was something more severe but it doesn't happen all the time. If it is something bad it should destroy itself long before the warranty period is up. I'm not worried.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,103 Posts
I'm over 12,000 miles with no issues. I have one turn that I make almost daily where I get that sound.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get it going both ways. At first I thought that the Hall & Oates I was listening to was bass heavy.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/nav/eye
366 Posts
sounds like it's the norm as i have this issue as well. although i don't understand why it does it as my other awd previous vehicles never made a peep.

·
Registered
Black 2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
1,409 Posts
I get this as well with my 2010...im at 40k with no issues so far.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure it's the same thing that everybody hears. It doesn't happen under hard acceleration for me. If the turn is on an incline I'll usually hear it. I'm curious if it will eventually wear off as time goes on but it probably won't. I'm not concerned as it's really just a noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts