Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See pics... top side and underside views, their is plenty of room for the wiring (no obstructions on the underside)

I'm not digging the toggle switch I'll have to swap that out with something else (maybe a rectangular rocker) it's not wired at the moment but while had the drill out and console off I figured I'd make the preparations

These are for fog and driving lights, I didn't want them wired up to turn on with the factory fogs, and I don't want the driving lamps hooked to the high beam switch

I have a few blank switches (my Gen 4 is sparsely optioned) but I didn't want the switch where I couldn't easily see it

Probably nothing new here, but If other people are looking for options figured I'd post what I cam up with

Would be interested in seeing where others have placed switches

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
746 Posts
Try this next time. No need to make holes in your car. A capacitive Touch switch senses your bodys moisture through plastic panels. It can be set for latching, (on/off) or momentary.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's cool, that board must be housed in something I assume ?

how would you mount it

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
746 Posts
NO housing required. Select a location behind some plastic. (test to make sure it works) Clean and scuff the plastic mounting surface (behind dash, ETC) and dribble some hot glue over it. If you are concerned about a housing, Coat the whole thing with hot glue and you have a mounted and potted from the elements device. It's a simple tiny board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts