Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am having problems finding a place for my garage door opener on my 13. The clip on my opener isn't wide enough for the very thick sun visor. Has anyone come up with something clever?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
i velcroed mine right next to the steering wheel, someone made a button out of a blank by the emergency brake/ mirror controls. that looks awesome but way too time consuming so i just used velcro strips.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I took the clip of remote and stick it in the visor pocket(stripe). You can hide it there also if don’t want strangers in your garage.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I always put it in the sunglasses holder in roof by front dome lights.
^^^
:29:

That is where mine is located also.
Just one hint: Since the remote will tend to bang around in the sunglass holder, I padded the insides of the holder with rubber that was originally supposed to be for sealing home windows against air leaks. This works to hold the remote in place, and to keep it from sliding around.

That being said, one of these days I will enlist the help of a friend to activate the Homelink feature. Somehow, the process of having to stand on a stepladder and holding the "learn" button while someone else simultaneously works the Homelink buttons has delayed this process for...almost 2 years.

;)

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
I had to do the step ladder trick also - you don't need to do it at the same time they have a search mode for x amount of time I was able to set it on one try by my self with the ancient door opener

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i velcroed mine right next to the steering wheel, someone made a button out of a blank by the emergency brake/ mirror controls. that looks awesome but way too time consuming so i just used velcro strips.
I can't find that post. Do you have a link?

And the homelink mirror is an option, but more money that I'd like to spend just for that feature.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had to do the step ladder trick also - you don't need to do it at the same time they have a search mode for x amount of time I was able to set it on one try by my self with the ancient door opener
+1 on that. I did it myself the very day I brought the car home. I didn't need a ladder either, but that might not be the case for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
there4igraham
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing