Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with the 13' navigation not switching to the day / night background selected? I picked a darker background color for night and made sure the setting is on to change with the headlights as I prefer to operate mine manually, but the map background stays on the daytime selection no matter what I do with the lights (full on, auto at night).

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nope mine switches as advertised.
I have mine switching when headlights come on as well but didn't change the illumination settings on the nav screen...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! That was it - thanks so much...that was driving me nuts, now on to fixing the seatbelt clicking noise and the universe will be right!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Day/Night on Nav

I tried to set to time and set sunrise and sunset, still would not go to night mode at night. Set to headlight, same problem. Set to none and manually selected and it works. Tried to Initialize, no change. Want to work at sunrise/sunset, but will settle for headlight...Help!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I tried to set to time and set sunrise and sunset, still would not go to night mode at night. Set to headlight, same problem. Set to none and manually selected and it works. Tried to Initialize, no change. Want to work at sunrise/sunset, but will settle for headlight...Help!
It would be really nice if the system could get sunrise and sunset times from GPS instead of having you enter that data yourself...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sounds like the thumb wheel near the parking brake is set to full brightness. Bring it down one notch. That dims the gauges at night.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It would be really nice if the system could get sunrise and sunset times from GPS instead of having you enter that data yourself...
The Kenwood/Garmin in my OB has the sunrise and sunset already programmed. It also changes when we cross time zones automatically.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my '13 Crosstrek. I've tried all that has been suggested here, can y'all recommend anything else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
mhildom
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing