Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is the posted rear sway bar upgrade necessary for the '13 OB models? or does my '13 OB already have the larger 19mm rear sway?

thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
The rear is not 19mm, so its feasible you could add it. However I don't feel its necessary.

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally got & installed my 19mm RWB last night. from a turn-in & turning response, my '13 3.6r ltd OB handles much more neutral now. the car definately benefits from this quick & easy mod.

now all i need is new better valved shocks that are compatible w/ los angeles roads & freeways and i'll be done!! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
finally got & installed my 19mm RWB last night. from a turn-in & turning response, my '13 3.6r ltd OB handles much more neutral now. the car definately benefits from this quick & easy mod.

now all i need is new better valved shocks that are compatible w/ los angeles roads & freeways and i'll be done!! :)
What was the size difference between the 19mm and the stock?

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

someone stated earlier that the stk RSB is 16mm. my caliper battery is dead so i can't accurately measure it. i'll try and take a wrench to it tonight and compare to a metric ruler.

either case, it makes a beneficial difference to the handling. even going over angled bumps that usually pitch the chassis left-right abruptly aren't so bad now.

What was the size difference between the 19mm and the stock?

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 3.6R, moonroof, nav, 19mm RSB, rear cargo mat, and net.
12 Posts
Well, after reading about these on here, I ordered mine from my local dealership. My wife and I both own Subaru now, she has a 2012 Tribeca, and I have a 2013 Outback Limited 3.6R. It helped that we got a coupon for $300.00 off the purchase of a new car or accessories for that car. Being as my OB had everything on it I wanted. I ordered the new rear sway bar. I only have 500 miles on her now, but am going up the I-17 to Flagstaff to see how she handles, and again in two weeks after the install of the sway bar.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,348 Posts
I only have 500 miles on her now, but am going up the I-17 to Flagstaff to see how she handles, and again in two weeks after the install of the sway bar.
That will be a fairly decent test. Report back!

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 3.6R, moonroof, nav, 19mm RSB, rear cargo mat, and net.
12 Posts
Well, got back about an hour ago.
Great trip.
21.7 MPG going up the hill (1152` asl to 8100` asl) then up to the San Francisco Peaks (Snow bowl) at 9882` asl.
Got 29.7 MPG coming down the hill. And 24.9 MPG for the entire trip.
Keep in mind that the speed limit on the I-17 is 75mph most of the way.
I drove about 80mph where I could, and coming down Sunset Point at 70+ was a blast in my OB. This was the first of many trips up the hill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts