Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this yesterday, looks like some brake fluid leaked while assembly or leaked after??

Local dealer is looking into it on Wed.

I hope they warranty it and replace it

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed it last night, I saw that area all damped, so I got a rag and wiped it off then noticed the blk paint on the booster came right off. I knew there was some kind of leak either from the factory assembly plant when they where placing fluid or a small slow leak.....

local dealer will look into it on wed.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just re-checked it, it shows a drip mark from behind one of the bolts that holds the brake fluid reservior

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Yep, they'll fix it.

That fluid will mar the surface of the brake booster which will rust over time. They should address that paint/metal as well. I'm not well versed enough to know how that should be done though. I have a vehicle where the MC leaked several years ago and now the booster is rusty and pitted right where the leak ran. Not a big deal but probably not something you want on a 2013.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
It could also be that when the dealer was topping off everything, he might have dripped some... I would dry the area really well and observe it for a couple of days.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update: they found a crimped gasket, they said they will replace everything (master cylinder etc...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts