Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Outback 2.5 Premium CVT
340 Posts
I agree, mine never get warm, my face gets roasted and my eyes get dried out, the outback has the worst floor heat system of ANY vehicle I have driven over the last 40 years.
I spend all day out tromping around doing wildlife photography and when I get back to my car my boots are usually wet and muddy, my feet are dry because I wear Gor-tex but after an hour drive back home with the heat on max my boots are just as wet and cold as they were when I stepped in the car.
If I had test drove an outback during the winter I would be driving something else right now and that is no exaggeration.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
I noticed you both have the Premium model. From past discussions and my own experience this is just an issue with the Premium model. I had a 2010 OB Limited which I recently traded for a 2013 OB Limited. Both don't have the issue. My 2010 Legacy Premium does have the issue. It will soon be traded for a 2014 Forester.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium All-Weather Package
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try the work around by turning on bi level heat and closing the face vents - I'll let youknow if works for 13 Premium

·
Registered
2013 Outback Premium 6 speed, AWP, Deep indigo and 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate (old school wagon) 2015 Outback 3.6R, Venetian Red, moonroof, keyless and navi, 2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer
81 Posts
I thought it was just me! My feet (which are never cold) have been like ice the past few days!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5I Limited with nav/eyesight
5 Posts
I have a 2013 OB Limited as well and the floor heat seems fine. The thing that takes a long time to heat up are the heated seats.

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited 2.5 CVT
53 Posts
My 2013 Limited has warm floors. My feet were always frozen in the Jetta. It was one of the reasons I sold it. I am loving the OB so far this winter, which has been pretty cold at times -30c more than a few days.

·
Registered
2012 2.5 Premium CVT PZEV
133 Posts
My 2012 Premium also has sucky heat. Especially on the floor, but also if I use the upper vents, and the defrost is subpar, too. Figured this out when the snow I tracked in didn't melt in my 25 minute ride to work.

For a car so good in bad weather, this was a surprise to me.

·
Registered
'15 Forester 2.5 CVT
198 Posts
My 2013 Limited has warm floors. My feet were always frozen in the Jetta. It was one of the reasons I sold it. I am loving the OB so far this winter, which has been pretty cold at times -30c more than a few days.
Agree with you... We've got many chilly nights too.
I really appreciate OB heating and morning easy starts...
Like you, I had a Jetta TDI with slooooooooow heating.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium All-Weather Package
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I turned on bi-level heat (vents and floor)... close the vents blowing on my face and BOOOOOM hot air blasting my feet. So... There is a work around for when the toes get a little cold!

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium CVT, AWP, Steel Silver
826 Posts
I turned on bi-level heat (vents and floor)... close the vents blowing on my face and BOOOOOM hot air blasting my feet. So... There is a work around for when the toes get a little cold!

Neat, I need to try this. Definitely a cold footed car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts