Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R SAP
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 4 wheels to mount our snow tires on.
Does anyone know the bolt pattern (5x100??)?
Trying to search Craigslist.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts
5x100. You'll need 17" wheels to clear the H6 brakes.

Any non Tribeca or STI wheel will work.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
If you didn't buy the snow tires yet, call TireRack.

I've found their prices to be absolutely unbeatable for sets of
snow tires on steel wheels -- with free mounting & balancing!

BTW, I never use T.R. if I'm just buying tires -- can always
do as well (or very close) from local brick-n-mortar shops.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight (Graphite Grey)
10 Posts
Let me save you some grief. I just went through all of this the hard way and have learned a LOT! You need a wheel with 5x100 bolt patten. The stock diameter and width is 17x7. The stock offset is 48mm. If you get something with less offset, the wheel will sit further out than stock. This will give the wheel more travel front to back when steering hard stop to hard stop due to the radius increase from the steering pivot point. I would advise not going with an offset less than 45mm. I had a set of wheels that had 38mm offset and this caused rubbing. If you go with a greater offset, the wheel sits further in. Go too far in and you will have the tire rubbing the strut. I wouldn't go larger than 50mm offset. If you get aftermarket rims the wheel bore needs to be larger than the hub bore of 56.1mm (which should be very common). If you get a wheel with a larger wheel bore, you will need hub centric rings to fill the gap.

Example: I bought Enkei EKM3 wheels in 17x7 with a 45mm offset and a 72.6mm hub bore. I bought a set of Gorilla hub rings with a 73 mm outer diameter (this is meant to allow the ring to snap into the wheel). The inner diameter is 56.15mm, which allows you to slide the wheel snugly onto the hub without it being too tight to slide on.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.