Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 OB H6 with 70,000 miles on it and a clear bra that has been on since day one. Paint is in great shape but clear bra is getting a little ragged on edges. It looks ok in regular light but many scratches are visible at off angle and oddly looks worse through polarized glasses. Imagine it is passed its expected life. Question: Would you peal it and let the paint age and take on its natural road chips et al? Do I leave it on as it still protecting some of the paint and headlamps? Who am I protecting the paint job for? DO I really need a 20 year old car with a great paint job and a ratty clear bra? Its entirely possible it will not be easy to remove at this point particularly on the headlamps and fogs where it might be baked on. What would you do? Can't believe a new clear bra is worth it on a 13 year old car. Thoughts?

·
Registered
'18 OB 3.6R
64 Posts
I would take it to a tint place to remove it. Just in case ripping it off takes the paint with it. Never know after more than a decade.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,696 Posts
the 10 or so year old CB on my WRX looks horrible. all cracked like a jigsaw puzzle.

I was thinking about trying some kind of tape to pull it off but, never thought about paint damage!

hoping to learn how to safely remove.

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,293 Posts
Gentle heat with heat-gun or hair-drier will remove pretty much any sticker.

BEWARE of using too much heat lest the paint will come off too.

I have also 'accidentally' removed stickers from cars at the car-wash. (I despise advertising a dealership on the back of my car.) The hot highpressre water removes stickers quite nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts