Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

I'm really late to this party. I bought a 2014 Outback new in (duh) 2014. It has been 100% reliable and problem free. Until an hour ago, which is why I found this forum. It looks like the transmission has gone south after a mere 32,000 miles. Luckily wifey was driving it and was only a block from home when it started trying to buck her out of her seat and lit up several warning indicators.

P0700 and P0841 are the lucky numbers that came up on my scanner.

All indications are that things will be expensive. Wifey found something about an extended transmission warranty in this year of Outback. A tow to the dealer is in order for Monday morning.

Anyway, I'm a member of several car forums and have been pretty active there. Hopefully I can contribute something meaningful here as time rolls on. My other rides are a 2015 Wrangler Rubicon and a 2004 Corvette Z06. Outback is really the wifey's car, but she lets me drive it when I'm good.

Tom

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,853 Posts
moved thread, updated title.

hope that is to be flatbedded= the only subaru way. (no 2 wheels up, 2 wheels down, for these).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moved thread, updated title.

hope that is to be flatbedded= the only subaru way. (no 2 wheels up, 2 wheels down, for these).
Thank you. I was just wanting to do a general intro, as I did search a bit before posting. (Rule #1, right: use the search function.)

Definitely will ride a flatbed to the dealer. Luckily it SHOULD be a warranty repair, as my $0.02 is betting on an internal transmission issue rather than just a sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts