Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I just bought my first Subaru yesterday. It is lightly used 2015 Outback 2.5 limited with 20k on the odometer. My parents have owned Subaru's before so I'm pretty familiar with them; however, after searching this forum a little bit I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I bought the car with a slight dent on the lower passenger bumper/valance and some road rash right next to it. I was wondering if you can just replace the part that is not painted, or is the whole bumper one piece? (See first photo)

Also, is the silver part of the bumper separate? (See second photo)

Sorry for such a long winded first post, but I've always found forums to be the best source of information. Besides those two little imperfections I love the car, and so does the wifey. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,208 Posts
moved thread/ updated title.

I wonder if a blow dryer / heat gun could warm that black part up past the temp that the sun does,
and you could massage that out by hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was going to try and do. I was just curious if the bumper was modular or one piece. Thanks for updating and moving my post to the tight area.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,072 Posts
The silver part can be replaced on its own (part number E551SAL000). The painted and black parts are all one piece. In the picture with the fog light you can actually see an uneven mask line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts