Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Owner of a 2021Onyx XT. Former owner of 2016 - 3.6 Limited and 2010- 3.6 Limited
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 Outback 35K miles

I noticed this past week that the my driver's side lever that opens the passenger window is not longer operational. The window still works opens from the passenger side. Also, the three other windows open from the driver's side. I did have a new battery installed two weeks ago - not sure that had anything to do with it.

Any suggestions or just take it to the dealer? Still under warranty (barely).

Thanks.

David

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,108 Posts
2016 Legacy/Outback Owners Manual, page 2-37 ... or Search this forum.

Reactions: Rico

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
19 Posts
I had similar problems ..power window button not working...sometimes it stopped working midway down or up so I took my 2016 Outback to the dealership twice for the same thing. There is a simple reset procedure they did the first time. It was a matter of holding down the window button for 5 seconds and powering on the ignition key. (It's in the owners manual.) The second time I brought it back for the same problem and they said the window tracks were dry. It happened again so I bought some silicone spray and lubed the window tracks after using compressed air to clean them. That seemed to work.

BTW: My battery kept going dead. The dealership tested the entire system saying there was "nothing wrong"...and the battery was good.The car was 18 months old and had 28,000 miles on it. I replaced it with one from Walmart and have had no problems since. Subaru will not stand behind their batteries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts