Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I have a 1996 legacy outback wagon with 15s on it and I was wondering if I could if 17s on it. I don't know the exact tire size, I'll check tomorrow. Has anyone else done this? I'm just wondering about clearance issues and rubbing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I bought wheels off of a 09 Outback that are 17's, to put on my 98. They did not have tires so I went with a tire size equivalent in diameter to the 15's that were on the car. The tire size I used is 215/55R17. I have no problem with rubbing. As long as the width isn't to much larger(I don't think I would go larger than 225/55/17). And you don't go much past the original diameter you should be ok.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Are they on wheels already I'm guessing?

And I know for sure you could go with 215/55R17 and I believe you could go with 225/55R17's as well. The second size there would be .5 inches bigger in diameter and about 3/4 of an inch wider than your current tire size. The first size would be the same tire diameter, and about half of an inch wider than what you have.

From what I could tell you should have room for either tire size on your car, but for sure the 215/55R17. If the tires are on wheels assuming they are Outback wheels they will likely be 225/55R17.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
98Scooby
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing