Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips on an affordable 17" wheel that fits the 2013 3.6r. Apparently they need to have the same offset or the dealer says they will void warranty if the AWD croaks.

Anyway, I want to run summer and winter wheels. The days of the old steel wheels seem to be gone.

I would appreciate any recommendations on brand or where to buy them. I already have checked tire rack...

Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Anyone have any tips on an affordable 17" wheel that fits the 2013 3.6r. Apparently they need to have the same offset or the dealer says they will void warranty if the AWD croaks.

Anyway, I want to run summer and winter wheels. The days of the old steel wheels seem to be gone.

I would appreciate any recommendations on brand or where to buy them. I already have checked tire rack...

Thanks
You're out of luck because 16" wheels can't fit to your 3.6R, very sad since those wheels are cheaper than any 17" wheels. You can look to Chinese aluminum mags, very cheap, almost the price of steelies, and for winter salty roads, who cares about quality and good looking?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
as long as all 4 wheels and tires match, offset shouldn't matter for the awd system. and what do you mean "the days of the old steel wheels seem to be gone?" the reason you have trouble finding steel wheels is because you have a 3.6r, that has bigger brakes than the 2.5i.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I found 17" alloys for a little less that $100 shipped each. Konig Backbone wheels and the offset is just 3mm different.

Did you have any problem using factory lug nuts with the Konig backbones?
Did you need any kind of centering rings or anything for the Konigs?

I'm trying to figure out if I can just buy the wheels or if I need the "Install kit" that everyone seems to want to sell me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my '12 as a CPO in January and it came from the dealer with blizzak WS-70's on the stock 17's. Though I much prefer the newer WS80's, the 70's have been great all winter in Fairbanks AK.

When they wear out I'll likely go with General Arctic Altimax with studs. They're almost as good as blizzaks in the soft and deep, but much much better in ice thanks to the studs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
skierd
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing