Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 18 Limited 3.6R, I'm not sure if past year models would be the same. I would be interested in spending a few bucks maybe 1k-1500 to upgrade speakers, can anybody provide past upgrades that would apply to the 5th gen. Would they be the same for the new System. I plan on keeping this car a long time just bought the 8-120k warranty.

Thanks
crm

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am looking to upgrade the speakers as I'm wary of all the controls working with an aftermarket head unit. The Harmon Kardon head unit is fine and meets my needs , but the speakers are weak. With your budget it should be no problem. I checked Crutchfield.com. They have a good selection of speakers and recommend an upgraded amplifier, which is a good suggestion then you don't have to worry about the speaker impedence much and the sound will be improved. A reputible stereo shop should also be able to give you solid advice. Replacing speakers and amp should be a DIY project with the correct parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts