Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are others noticing when backing into a parking spot using the guidelines on the back up cam. You always end up crooked??

Obviously the bugs of the new 8" infotainment system have been discussed. Being I back into parking spots everyday at work. Using the guidelines on the back up cam (Not trajectory lines), to line up with parking spot lines. Every Time I end up crooked in the parking spot, to the point I'm starting to think it's not just me but that the guidelines are off somehow.

I came from a 15' FXT with that wonderful tiny screen for the back up cam, and never a problem.

It's just a weird quark, wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I think I'll try using just one guideline and line up that way and see what happens.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited Eyesight - Remote Start - Auto Dimming In/Outside Mirrors
247 Posts
Works great for me.

Maybe your camera is a little off? Does your camera seem centered? (Not sure how you would adjust it though.)

Maybe place a long stick or ladder or something with even and easily to view marks to ensure that you have having even exposure on both sides?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Works great for me.

Maybe your camera is a little off? Does your camera seem centered? (Not sure how you would adjust it though.)

Maybe place a long stick or ladder or something with even and easily to view marks to ensure that you have having even exposure on both sides?
Didn't think of that. Maybe the actual camera on the rear hatch was bumped or hit. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update

Well the backup camera guidelines are off again, even after going into the maintenance page of the head unit and adjusting them. I'll try adjusting them again. But I'm at a loss as to why this happens. Unless perhaps turning the car off and on resets them and they gradually go back to being skewed.
Kind of annoying as I back-in park every day. And since Subaru doesn't have the auto side mirror turn down feature, I rely on the backup camera.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts