Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback Touring 3.6R
61 Posts
i ended up removing the lamin-x covers on the fogs probably a week after install. i didnt like the look after all, plus i think i botched the install. i removed them and ran the fogs as is for alittle over a month. we then had a wintery mix roll through and the fogs got washed out in the weather, you couldnt tell a distinction between the headlights and the fogs. they kind of just faded into the headlights. so i started searching for a better alternative and went with the philips 2700k LEDs. theyre darker in color than the diode dynamics and you can tell a difference in color when on at night. the break between the foglights and the headlights is more noticeable with the philips as they are a darker yellow. heres a pic for comparison- taken during the day you can still tell a difference in which is the philips and which is the diode dynamics.
How do the fogs perform during rain/snow storms?

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How do the fogs perform during rain/snow storms?
i like the cut off from the factory LEDs and the yellow fogs, i feel like the darker color does indeed help in inclement weather. i was worried about them not generating enough heat and ice and snow accumulating on the fogs, but thats not an issue. i feel the 6k light up the front alittle more than the 2700k BUT i like the break up between the OEM LEDs and the fogs. i like the look and they do serve a purpose. i do need to reaim my headlights as they tend to get washed out alittle in the rain

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
been awhile since i updated, not much has changed on her. i did get the 30k service done on her around 31k(currently shes just over 33k) oil change, alignment, front and rear diffs were drained and filled and the brakes were flushed. took it to a local shop that charged me alittle over $500 for the service. it was around $600, but they knocked some off the top since they took almost 7hrs to do the work. its amazing how quick the miles have racked up on this

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts