Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 outback 2.5 limited
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookong for new summer rims and tires for my 2012 outback limited. i was told 18 0r 20, 19 is too uncommon and expensive. i would like 20" but im afraid it would look weird with such a low profile tire. does anyone have 20" with pics? im still undecided and want to get them soon. also i was thinking of going with 18 and a wider tire 235 or 245 opposed to the 225/55/18. any suggestions id appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
496 Posts
I agree with you - 20's will look too large, not to mention that the ride will suffer quite a bit because of the lower profile tires. 18's get my vote. But that's just me, YMMV.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
595 Posts
I would advise against the 20" rims simply because your car will instantly turn into a Venza when you do it:

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
don't go bigger than 18, it will look ridiculous, ride quality will suffer, much more prone to bending from potholes, car will be slower cuz the wheels and tires will be heavy, anything bigger than 17 is pure bling unless you have giant brakes. but if that's what you want, why not? why not get 32" wheels?

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,972 Posts
If you don't roll 20s, how would you do something like this?
:D

·
Registered
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
Wellll....... if you ever plan to take your OB off pavement, you will want smaller wheels, not larger.

For those of us who do drive forest roads, downsizing is an upgrade.

Just saying....

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
^ +1. The stock 17s are about as close to the edge as I can handle it for my offroad driving. Once you get into 18s and 20s you have to slow down to cross train tracks, be sure you dodge every pothole or else, etc. It looks cool, but it's just not compatible with my driving style.

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts
18" would be the biggest I would go.

·
Registered
2012 outback 2.5 limited
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow! thanks everyone, that venza is a pretty ugly thing. and those 32 inch rims are so nasty. im not a rapper or football player to shine all that bling.. 18's sound like the way to go. now just have to find a nice tire. i upgraded my 02 outback from 16 to 17 and it worked out well. so 17 to 18 should be nice. im thinking a wider tire but something rated well like Michelin, continental, hankook. the hard part is finding a rim i like with the right 5-100, and chrome. the family truckster

·
Registered
4 Posts
I vote 18's...you'll save some money that you can put into nicer tires. The ride will be worse with bigger rims and lower profile tires. You want it to look like an Outback with nice shoes not that crossover Venza!

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
Your best bet would be the 18's if you want something bigger. You'll still have enough sidewall to protect yourself against potholes and the like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts