Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased online a 20 mm sway bar, what are the chances of my dealer I bought my car putting it on, it's a Subaru part. Does anybody have a link or instructions on installing looking to get it done tomorrow.

crm

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
It's very easy. There might be some YouTube videos on it but just by looking underneath I'm sure you can see that it's straight forward.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
Like he said. It takes about 15 minutes and a couple of sockets. It a little harder with dual exhausts but not that difficult. Note- remember how it came off especially where the bend is located. I slid my butt under the Vehicle not Jack or anything and I have a Legacy.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
MY17 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
Please post a link to said sway bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,424 Posts
Reactions: C3156 and Cincron

·
Registered
MY17 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
Do you need the hardware and link kit also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,424 Posts
Do you need the hardware and link kit also?
No, just the bar and rubber bushings, and since you have a '17, it should be a easy swap (no rust).
Just be careful not to strip anything on reinstall. I had no issues, but some I guess were overly enthusiastic with the wrench!

Reactions: Cincron

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5 Limited
140 Posts
The newer rubber bushings make for a tighter fit, so make sure the holes are lined up and level with each other before threading!! If they are slightly off, you'll strip. Otherwise, it's a straight forward install.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer just installed it, the difference is night and day I came from an Infiniti Q50 and when I drove the Outback with the cushy ride was a little depressed. The Sway bar tightens everything up even the steering this is a must have upgrade for me 90 for the part 60 to install, well worth the money. Can anyone tell me why it tightens the steering an added bonus?

crm

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
Bigger rear sway bars reduce under steer. Too big and you can introduce over steer.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
632 Posts
Forgive me for resurrecting an older thread, but I was wondering if the 20mm rear sway bar (according to SubaruOnlineParts, fits the Crosstrek only) will fit my new 2021 Outback Touring? I have installed larger rear sway bars on several of my previous Subarus and really like the improved handling.

Reactions: dovidan
1 - 12 of 12 Posts