Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MY 05 2.5i haven't given me any trouble at all, except the lousy tail gate sensor originally installed (replaced for free) and front left brake caliper that got replaced this winter.

When I bought it I was completely dis-interested in car maintenace, and have had it regularly serviced at Subaru garage. I tried to change light bulb once, set me back about 600 Euros for replacing the headlight... :(

Since I have bought and maintained a Land Rover Defender. It's like night and day! :) Changed cooler, head gasket, brake calipers, wheel bearings myself. Next is welding rust holes in the frame... BTW, it's slightly lower mileage than the Subaru...

So, with certain amount of experience from the Land Rover (very cheap parts on mail order), is it reasonable to assume that I could fix some of the expecting failures in the future of my Subaru? Or is it a lot of work to keep it running 50 000 km more?

Timing belt is changed, but not head gasket as far as I know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm presently at 236,000+ km on my 08 with very few surprises or extra cost. Early on I had the alternator and a rear wheel bearing go, but otherwise good life on the components. A complete upgrade of the rear suspension was my option for better handling.
I've had a Mercedes and Volvo make it to 560,000 km and am confident the Outback will do the same at considerably lower cost. Good luck on your experience!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
vebop
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing